Setting Up My Classroom Day 1-2

I can sum up the past few days in one picture stolen from my Instagram (@thepinspiredteacher):

With that being said, I took a big deep breath and headed into my classroom. Day 1 was yesterday and I went in with one goal in mind- add a fresh coat of paint to my bulletin boards. I took over a retired teacher's room last year and all the bulletin boards were painted black and I kept it that way when I moved in. I LOVE having black bulletin boards, especially paired with my neon color obsession. Black makes the colors pop! I used chalkboard black paint so that I could write in chalk on them. 

We did this last year for our word wall (even though it wasn't chalkboard paint) and the chalk came off fairly easy. 
See: 

Changes for this year: I'm moving the word wall area to the front of my classroom and using my longer wall to house anchor charts. 

Today (Day 2) I was able to get half my word wall up: 
(Sorry for the glare) 

Underneath each letter either myself or a student will write words in chalk. So fun! 

Where my old word wall was now looks like this: 
Tomorrow I will be tackling that hot mess of a counter, yeee-haw! 

Stay tuned!
post signature

Labels: , , ,